Tuesday, September 1, 2015

My new life as a Technology Coordinator



Here I am, 4 weeks into this new position and I finally feel like I am getting my feet under me.

I keep telling people my goal: to help teachers and students integrate technology into their classroom practice in a way that benefits student learning and is reasonable for teachers. I really want to help take things OFF the teacher plate and create more engaging activities for students. I am not a fan of tech for tech sake.

I have been spending a lot of time working on student tablets, both in the set up process and the troubleshooting of problems. I’m hoping to get away from hardware issues being my primary focus and I think I can see the light.

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been able to get into 6 classrooms (with a few classes each) to do Kahoot! demos. Today, I am running a period by period Remind workshop to help teachers set up Remind accounts. I have a whole list of ‘Cool Tools’ I would like to share with teachers!

In addition I am trying to learn a whole new brain full of stuff: new microsoft products, new assessment tools, new district software, along with the new expectations that came with the new role.

Every week I try to create goals for myself and keep track of everything that I do. My biggest goal is to make a positive impact on student learning by accomplishing the small goals along the way.

Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment